Position title: Hydrogeologist
Phone: (608) 265-6003
I am lucky to be a geologist who spends a lot of his time in the field. I measure water levels, install wells, do borehole geophysical surveys, and collect water samples. In the office, I coordinate with contractors and consultants regarding logging opportunities, prepare bidding specifications for drilling contracts, and make sure Survey field equipment is in working order. I enjoy doing educational outreach to water users including well owners, science teachers, and drillers. I’m also the on-site facilities manager for our office in Madison and our core repository in Mount Horeb.
- Wisconsin Groundwater-Level Monitoring Network—I manage and implement fieldwork, including routinely measuring water levels and occasionally overseeing well repair and new well installations.
- Borehole imaging—I collect high-resolution digital images of the subsurface from new and existing wells.
- Borehole geophysical investigations—I assist Wisconsin well owners, contractors, and public water utilities by investigating wells that are not performing as expected.
- Geotechnical support—I provide Survey geologists and hydrogeologists with geophysical data, contractor management logistics, and fieldwork assistance.
I work collaboratively with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the U.S. Geological Survey, private consultants, and university researchers on geology and hydrogeology investigations throughout Wisconsin.
- American Water Resources Association (AWRA), Wisconsin Section, member
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Private Water Advisory Council